External monitors with Parallels RAS

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by SeanO2, Oct 17, 2019.

1. SeanO2

SeanO2 Bit poster

I have a Dell laptop (XPS 15 9550) running Windows 10. It is a 4K screen on my laptop.

I have a docking Hub connected (Dell D3100) to the laptop. In that docking station are two Samsung external monitors connected via HDMI. When I am connected to Parallels in this configuration I cannot use my external monitors. I am unable to move any windows to the external monitors. I am limited to only my laptop screen. If I unplug one of the HDMI monitors I can then use mu laptop screen and one external monitor.

Is it possible to use both external monitors as well as my laptop screen with Parallels?

2. jpc

jpc Pro

@SeanO2 To which server version are you connecting to?

RDP does have some limitations on per-monitor resolutions and overall total desktop size (the union of all your monitors, including the empty spaces between them depending on their alignment). However, unless all three of your monitors are using a 4K resolution, it should still work.
    Does your monitor configuration work properly when using the MS RDP client?

3. SeanO2

SeanO2 Bit poster

To make it work I have to change the resolution on my laptop to 1080 x 1920. If I leave it a 4K resolution it will not work. No big deal to change resolution, thanks!