Getting error "The target principal name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI context."

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gopinath1, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Gopinath1

Gopinath1 Bit poster

I have domain login in my paralles windows as like my windows laptop. When i try to connect to SQL server using SSMS (windows authentication), in paralles windows I'm getting the following error "The target principal name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI context."
    But If I try the same using my windows laptop which also has domain login, I am not facing any issues..Can anyone help me to sort this out?

2. Gopinath1

Gopinath1 Bit poster

Note: I've tried using bridged network using wifi. But no luck :(

3. mwedwards

mwedwards Bit poster

I've had the same issue consistently for the past few years, using v14 and v15. With my host machine connected to VPN, on my Parallels VM (in Shared Networking mode) I am able to access all AD-protected resources on my network. However connecting to Microsoft databases using SSPI *only* works when the Parallels VM is directly connected to the VPN. It's not clear from the error whether this is an intentional restriction configured by the VPN or a defect in the VPN client or Parallels Shared Networking implementation.