Adding another VM to parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JamesL16, Oct 24, 2019.

1. JamesL16

JamesL16 Bit poster

I have e Mac machines all running 10.14.6 or newer. They all have a windows 7 Pro VM and one of them has a Windows XP VM also. What do I need to get from where to add a Windows 10 VM to these Macs. It is not possible to update the old VM's since I have to much software on them that will never run on Windows 10. I tried updating one of the Win 7 Pro machines which ended up with an abort and an error code and reverting back to Win 7 Pro. I run a lot of industrial automation software, some of which costs thousands of dollars and loads all kinds of device drivers. I am starting to get some industrial software that will only run on Windows 10. So I need to keep all my VM's intact. How can a make a new VM of Windows 10 and leave the other VM's alone. What do I need to get / buy from who and where in what data format. Since we dont have CD's anymore is it a download, from where. I do still have an Apple USB super drive if that helps. Be specific if you are going to tell me to go to Microsofts store web site. I have already spent 2 hours trying to negoiate that mess and never could find a way to purchase just the software they shure wanted to sell tablets and computers with Windoze already installed.

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi JamesL16,
    click on your Parallels app >go to file> select new> Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 10.45.20 AM.png >then select the Widows 10 os that you wish > Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 10.51.53 AM.png > this will take you to Microsoft Website direct to the product in question (this is the link to purchase Widows 10 pro ) > download your product and follow the on screen prompts to create your VM. If you are wishing a different MS product let me know ad I will see If I can find a link for you.