Cannot Install macOS Mojave

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Meriduss, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Meriduss

Meriduss Bit poster

Parallels Version 15.1.0 (47107)
    macOSUpdCombo10.14.5.dmg
    macOSUpd10.14.1.dmg

I have used Disk Utility to create an .crd (which I renamed .iso), but when going through Parallels to install the OS, I get the text in Parallels "Unable to detect operating system". I have redownloaded both .dmg files directly from Apple's website, but continue to have the same issue.

Thoughts?

2. kat

kat Product Expert

hi
    follow this link> go to step 4(app store link) it will take you to the Mac OS Mojave installer> download this (Takes about 20 minuets>once downloaded remember location) Then open Parallels> file>new>Select the middle option. Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 4.28.45 PM.png > continue > next page Parallels should search and provide a linK to the installer Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 4.50.36 PM.png (if it dose't select > select the installer follow the prompts to find it manually >follow prompts to install Mojave.

3. MichaelC26

MichaelC26 Bit poster

Hya,

The link to Mojave will not work if you already have Catalina as your current macOS ... Please see image ...
    The only way I was able to do it was to
    1) Disconnect your Machine from the Internet (WiFi or Lan / Both)

2) From Terminal set the following date 0919220019 (enter) this will set the time to the last Mojave update and hopefully the last revision of macOS Mojave

3) Prepare a USB (32GB) Install macOS Mojave USB -

4) From File on Parallels Desktop select - File > New then select the centre option > Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image > Continue > Select the Install macOS from USB >

5) This will eventually take you to the macOS install screen ..

6) Select from the top row dropdown > Terminal > then type date (enter) and check the date is 19 Sept 2019 the time is not relevant, if it isn't type date 0919220019 (enter)
    7) Quit Terminal > this will return you to the install screen, hopefully then you will be able to select - Install or Upgrade macOS - without errors ..

This was the process I discovered whilst trying most other methods as the 'Install or Upgrade macOS always came back with 'This copy of macOS Mojave Application is damaged and can't be used to install macOS'

Hope this at least helps someone ...

Attached Files:

• ScS1.jpg
      ScS1.jpg
      File size:
      412.7 KB
      Views:
    mmika likes this.
  4. kat

kat Product Expert

i
    Hi Michael26,
    If you already have the Mojave installer on your computer and try to use it, you get the message 'This copy of macOS Mojave Application is damaged and can't be used to install macOS' you would need to remove that copy from your computer then follow the direction from my post above. If you don't delete the installer you get the error message indicated in your post.