Critical Error has occurred in reading and writing to Hard drive used by windows 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnS29, Oct 31, 2019.

1. JohnS29

JohnS29 Junior Member

I keep on getting this message "Critical Error has occurred in reading and writing to Hard drive used by windows 10" I have completed all of the suggested solutions in the link provided. All the tests shows everything working but I constantly get the message.
    Can some please provide a working solution

Attached Files:

2. Michael@Parallels

Michael@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi John, chances are the issue is caused by hardware/software corruption on macOS side. To narrow down the issue try to copy the virtual machine file to some external storage(this is important, not just move, and not to the other Mac directory). In case it fails to, we recommend to contact Apple support for deeper HDD diagnostics as if macOS cannot copy files with its own means, it indicates serious problems on Mac side.

3. AndrewP16

AndrewP16 Bit poster

I have the this issue as well (after trying to reclaim hard drive space for the vm). I tried the suggestions in the article https://kb.parallels.com/120940, but no luck. The Parallels Mounter does not work when I try to mount the hdd file. I also ran first add on my volume, and everything looks ok, no errors came up.

Semi unrelated question, I have a parallels license under my company's business account, how can I call tech support for help with this issue? I don't have access to the main account, but I do have the activation key that was given to me by my admin.