Complete VM hang Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RogerH6, Nov 4, 2019.

1. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

Had Parallels run fine for a long while.
    Using Parallels 15.1.0.
    Just upgraded the Mac to Catalina. Since this, I've twice had a complete hang of the VM. Freezes. No mouse response or keyboard response. Try to shutdown, doesn't work. Then try 'stop' and that also hangs. Only way to recover is to use Mac activity monitor and force quit the VM. Then goes a day or more without issues.
    Anyone else seeing similar issues?.

2. TonyG8

TonyG8 Bit poster

My issues started last week Thursday (10/31). First I had one MBP 15" BSOD and had to completely reinstall a new VM image. Spent 2 days restoring the applications. Then another MBP went bust on Friday (11/1) and spent all weekend rebuilding it. Now, when the Windows 10 VM reboots, it just clocks. No response, no nothing. Going back to the Snapshot works just fine, but as soon as you shut it down or reboot/restart, the VM hangs. I went for 6 months without issues and now have 2 defunct Win 10 VM's.
    Did Microsoft push out a wonky update last week? Did MacOS 15.1 introduce some issues with Paralleles? Any ideas on resolving?

3. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

That's about the same time as me. Suggests it may relate to a Windows update. Also I have two other VM's (Mojave and Linus) and they are fine. I couldn't tell the day, but middle of the week definately.

4. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

It's somehow related to two windows overlaying one another. Just done it again when I popped a second window over one that hadn't fully closed.