Video Memory

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ourisman, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wvdheiden

wvdheiden Junior Member

Hi

I do have the same problem but I noticed something else since b5160. I use an app called Rhapsody (I mean the UML Tool from telelogic, since I noticed there are other progs with the same name) and opening windows in this program all of a sudden takes ages. Since I do commercial demo's with Rhapsody this is not very convenient. I wonder if this is somehow related to this problem.

Walter

2. Kraken

Kraken Member

Do all of you have the DirectX enabled or disabled? I'm trying to tweak this so it runs as fast as possible and I have only gotten that error when the DirectX box was unchecked in the VM configuration. I'm not interested in playing games because this is a work machine, but does the DirectX feature make other programs faster? This is using the latest parallels (5160) on a Mac Pro tower with 2GB RAM, running 2 monitors on the single 7300 NVIDIA card. Monitors are at 1600 x 1200 and 1280 x 1024 respectively. I have the video ram settings at 64MB and the general memory settings at around 1GB (half the physical).

edit: realize I didn't add all my system info.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  3. operator911

operator911 Junior Member

Hi Kraken. To answer your inquiry, DirectX Enabled will cause the error to occur for me.
    MBP 2.33GHz C2D, with 3GB RAM.

4. aslam

aslam Bit poster

Me too...where are the Parallels Support people??

I have this same issue under similar circumstances (whenever my machine is put to sleep or the screensaver has been activated. I have DirectX disabled and I'm running on a MBP 2.4 with 4GB of RAM (2GB assigned to the VM.)

I also get a Virtual Memory Page size error in Win XP on a regular basis. I'm not sure if they are related or not.

Any resolution ideas from you Parallels folks on the boards?

Aslam

P.S. It is rather frustrating to be limited to only 64MB of VRam when my video card has 256.

5. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello everybody,

We are aware of the video memory issue. Parallels are working hard to fix it in the future version. To help us to proceed, could you send me as Private Message the information on your Mac models, type of VM, guest OS, amount of RAM specified for the VM, monitors models and number of monitors you use. Thank you very much for the reports. Please sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
    Xenos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.