Renewal of Wildcard SSL Certificate

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by MindiaG, Nov 3, 2019.

1. MindiaG

MindiaG Bit poster

Hi All,
    I'm trying to renew the SSL cert, but it does not give me the option to generate new request. Instead it has View Certificate Request. How shall i proceed on this? I'm going to change the public URL to access parallel over public network. So need to generate wildcard cert for new URL.
    Please advise.

Attached Files:

2. Hi, please check this out
    If you have the View Certificate Request option, looks like you've already generated cert.

3. MindiaG

MindiaG Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    I'm afraid, but that topic will not help me with this case. Let me go in details, so you have clear picture.
    We have two sites under one Farm. Having separate certificates and public URLs for each site/gateway.
    One of our site gateway certificate will expire soon. Having this expired, i'm going to change the public URL of that site which is now oldsite.com for instance and issue wildcard certificate for new URL, that i'm going to use for connection. *.newsite.com
    However, when im going to properties of that gateway i cant generate the CSR, as it does not allow me to do that (It's grayed out).
    My question is how i have to generate new CSR for my wildcard certificate, so once its issued i could import it for that gateway.
    Current version of Parallels RAS is 16.0.1.
    Please advise.
    Thanks,

4. MindiaG

MindiaG Bit poster

Anyone ???

Please advise.

5. jpc

jpc Pro

@MindiaG Can you try to do: "Gateway properties > SSL/TLS > View Certificate Request > Cancel Request"?
    You should be then able to generate a new certificate request.

MindiaG likes this.
  6. MindiaG

MindiaG Bit poster

Hi, i'll give a try tonight and advise.
    Thanks for help, think thats the right route here.
    Appreciate it!