Update issue?

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by DavidA4, Oct 31, 2019.

1. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I clicked the "Report Problem..." button. Things remained frozen for a bit - then the VM rebooted. Not sure what to make of this. Should I be concerned?

I'm using a 2015 MacBook Pro with macOS High Sierra Ver. 10.13.6
    And have Parallels Desktop 15 Pro Edition ver 15.1.1 for Mac
    One of my VMs is Ubuntu (installed through Parallels Desktop App)

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 9.36.42 AM.png

2. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

After updating to Parallels Desktop 15 Pro Edition ver 15 - I am unable to log into Ubuntu. This the main reason to avoid updates - especially when nothing was broken. I hate this and dread tech support - which will probably take months and months to resolve (like the USB problem I had - which may have been over a year before resolved).

Lesson learned. DON'T UPDATE

3. Alexander Haltman

Alexander Haltman Parallels Developers

1. "System program problem detected" - this message create Ubuntu itself due to some component crashed and dump was generated.
    When you push "Report problem..." on this message it will be sent to the Ubuntu developers.

2. After Parallels Tools was updated guest system need to be rebooted - there is no problem here.

4. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

There is a problem. The problem is that after the Parallels update - EVERY DAY I get the "System Program Problem Detected. EVERY DAY I click the "Report Problem . . " button. Thanks Parallels - thanks a lot for breaking a perfectly good system. I'm not updating anymore.