Safari 12 breaks some Parallels Toolbox extensions

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by kingofsquid, Sep 18, 2018.

1. kingofsquid

kingofsquid Bit poster

When I installed Safari 12 it came up with a message that the Download Videos and the Screenshot Page extensions weren't safe and had been removed. The Download Video app still works (by dragging in the web address) but the Screenshot Page app (which allows taking screenshots of long webpages) no longer works at all.
    I reported it in this ticket: 276030022
    The Safari 12 message only appears the first time you open Safari (and only if the extensions were loaded in Safari 11).

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    Safari 12 has changed it's security policy regarding extensions. So, yes, extensions for Download Video and Screenshot Page tools are not working now (with Safari 12 and in macOS 10.14).

We know about this problem and working on it. I hope that problem will be fixed in nearest releases of Toolbox.

3. Hi, please install the newest Toolbox update. You can download it from this link
    New Safari Extension for Screenshot Page tool has been added and also the newest update is compatible with Safari 12 and macOS Mojave 10.14
    Please check.

4. kingofsquid

kingofsquid Bit poster

The Screenshot Page tool has stopped working in Safari 13.0.3. It only takes a partial screenshot of what appears on the page; it does not scroll like it did before.

5. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

yes, we know about this problem and working on appropriate fix. It will be available in nearest update of Parallels Toolbox.
    thank you for your feedback!