Will Parallels 13 Be Compatible With macOS Catalina?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by aspen63, Sep 28, 2019.

1. aspen63

aspen63 Member

Please let me know.

2. Hi, all information about macOS Catalina and Parallels Desktop compatibility will be available after official release of Caalina.

3. ParaKitty

ParaKitty Member

Yay! Searching now for the information...

4. Hi, Parallels Desktop 13 is two version behind and doesn't support the new MacOS release Catalina 10.15
    Parallels Desktop 14 isn't fully optimized and compatible with MacOS Catalina.
    You can also check this KB article for more info.
    Please let us know if you have any questions.

5. BS_1

BS_1 Bit poster

I'm guess I'm late to the party, but I'm an infrequent Linux 18.10 user on my iMac with Parallels 13. I updated today to Catalina, and now Linux is terribly sllooooww, GUI keyboard response is terrible. Is there a fix for this other than coughing up more money? I purchased Parallels 13 less than 1.5 years ago directly from Parallels, and now I can't use the software? Crazy.

6. ParaKitty

ParaKitty Member

Wait, what? You voluntarily upgraded your OS, and are now complaining that software more than a year old doesn't work on the new OS?

7. BS_1

BS_1 Bit poster

Absolutely. I expect software (really, any product I buy) to be useful longer than 1.4 years, especially for the price I paid. I refuse to pay Parallels $100 after every OSX upgrade cycle. I hope mindless sheep like you enjoy paying. Goodbye Parallels!

8. ParaKitty

ParaKitty Member

You "voluntarily" changed the systen upon which your purchased product runs on. End of story. Look in a mirror sometime.

9. Parallel-User

Parallel-User Bit poster

Unfortunately it's how the software companies are doing things. It works out for Parallels because every year Apple comes up with another upgrade and Parallels with another upgrade. So just hope that Apple doesn't make any major upgrades or it's more money. You could look into alternatives like virtual box.

10. Parallels is a software company that focuses our resources on creating virtualization software to support both the Mac and Windows communities. This development comes with costs and it is not feasible to offer free upgrades

11. JeffreyD4

JeffreyD4 Bit poster

My Parallels 13 works on the Catalina OS 10.15.5 but is very slow. I wouldn't want to upgrade on my iMac unless it's substantially faster. Not sure what they say isn't compatible. It does open/close and work!

12. Hello, from time to time we receive feedback that previous Parallels Desktop version works with the latest macOS. But also we get a lot of requests about the incompatible Parallels Desktop version and macOS: graphics issue. few mode issues, Virtual machine performance issues, VM crash.
    And due to incompatible we're unable to resolve these issues. You can continue to use your Parallels Desktop 13 on the macOS 10.15, but we highly recommend to make a backup copy of you VM.