15hrs of snapshot deletion waiting, still in progress

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by poksh, Oct 29, 2019.

1. poksh

poksh Bit poster

I can't use my VM already 15hrs, snapshot deletion is in progress. I can't cancel this process, and don't know how much time it will take total (progress bar still empty). How I can revert my VM in normal state without data lose?

My VM's size is 299GB, "Windows 10" process read already 1.39TB (deletion was initiated immediately after PD's start), write less than 100MB. 7 hours and 50 minutes of CPU time.

Technical report 325370321

2. NikolaiS@Parallels

NikolaiS@Parallels Staff Member

Hello!
    Thanks for the report. Parallels Support has already contacted you regrading the issue.
    In short, there is a known issue where deletion of snapshots takes a long time (up to 30-40 hours).
    The important thing to know is that the process isn't stuck.
    Just patiently wait for it to finish.
    The issue will be fixed soon.

3. NikolaiS@Parallels

A Parallels Desktop 15.1.1, that has just been released, addresses the issue. Please, update.

4. poksh

poksh Bit poster

I canceled the deletion, take vm image from backup and try again. Several minutes to finish. Looks like problem was not in image size, but in some bug.
    Now I'm trying to delete current snapshot, and looks like I've got the same problem. Already about 1 hour of waiting, PD 15.1.1.

5. poksh

poksh Bit poster

Looks like I can't start snapshot deletion without full image backup to prevent data lose by this bug, and this is very annoying.

6. NikolaiS@Parallels

Thanks for the feedback. We have contacted you in a ticket regrading the issue.