Strange Sound after Booting Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by diwa, Apr 24, 2019.

1. diwa

diwa Member

Hi everyone,

I do have a Win 10 VM running under PD14 (10.13).
    After booting up, Windows is generating a strang noise - and it looks, like the system ist blocked.
    I am not able to access the TaskManager - so I don't see, what might be causing this problem.

The sound, is verry strange. Nothing, I ever heared from any computer. Kind of an electronic machine gun...
    And it starts, after a message pops up, that not all of the network shares are be reconnected.

Any ideas?
    Dirk

2. Hi, and how about Activity monitor? Could you please start your Windows, wait till the issue reproducing and check the CPU usage of your VM?
    If you restart your Windows, does this sound reoccur?
    And also just for check could you please copy your VM and start the copy. Please let us know the results.

3. diwa

diwa Member

It seems, that creating the sound is blocking the VM.
    While making that sound, there is no significant CPU-load (2-19% according the parallels resource monitor, 1% at the VM according to the icon on the top).
    I am not able to perfome ANY task on the VM. So I cannot open the windows task manager to see, how many of the VMs CPU is in use....

Restart only works by resetting the VM.
    After Reset it takes a different amount of time, untill the sound apears again.
    Right now, 10 Minutes were not enough. But other times, it appears one minute after reboot.

I allready made a copy of the VM, moving it on a SSD instead of a HDD - the sound appears on both.

Ciao

dirk

4. diwa

diwa Member

Today, I had another strange sound, which may be related to the problem above:
    It starts for about 1/2 of a second like the suttering sound, I mentioned above - but than transforms into the windows start sound.

So maybe, this is a sound, played to slow for some reasons?

5. diwa

diwa Member

I think, I can verify this now.
    At the moment, a message appears, that the system needs to be restarted, the sound starts.
    On a different VM, the same message appears - but with the windows notification sound...

6. mikita

mikita Junior Member

I have the same problem. "Electronic machine gun" is very good description for the sound. No dialogs appear and vm (14.1.3) is stuck, only way out seems to stop or reset it. This might be somehow connected to windows update, looking at logs show automatic update was doing something just before problem. And quite often sound starts little after midnight, maybe some maintenance starts then?

7. diwa

diwa Member

Again - almost a Month ago, Maria answered - and nothing more from parallels since then.
    I have now TWO major problems, preventing me from work!

8. diwa

diwa Member

I had a Win10 VM, which worked fine.
    Now, I installed 1903 - and this VM starts making noise...

Ciao
    dirk

9. mikita

mikita Junior Member

Any news on this issue? I think it's most certainly related to Windows Update. If I send an problem report will it be fixed in v14, or is this fixed in v15?

10. diwa

diwa Member

Problem still exists...
    PD 15.1.1-47117

11. CoriF

CoriF Bit poster

I have strange sound in all my mac computer. Also the window side see my camera and my external hard disc but cannot use. I had contacted parallels and they told me Parallels desktop 12 is not compatible with Mac OS Mojave which I see in their website is support, that is why I buy. Strange sound happened since the first install. Now I had upgraded to Win 10 from 7 which their website also said compatible. Now just asked me to upgrade. I can only get them from facebook messager, it take 10 mins to wait for one answer. Now no answer. I am so disappointed about this company. Here I copy from the messager what they are saying. "Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac is not compatible with macOS Mojave due to technical reasons. Hence you need to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac using the link: https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/buy/?upgd to purchase and activate it since it is the fully optimized & compatible version for macOS Mojave that will resolve it.
    NOTE: We can also provide a 10% discount offer if you wish to purchase an upgrade license key for Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition (1-year) subscription. Hence, reply back for the same if you wish to avail the offer."
    I will post this on google and my facebook about what service they are providing. I had been working 2 days till the morning for solving these problem. I feel so helpless from this company.

12. Please collect the tech report and post the report's ID here.
    Also could you describe when the sound appear and how does it sound, what does that sound look like?

13. diwa

diwa Member

Some times, I can work for hours... some times, it appears after a few minutes.
    If the sound appears, I am not able to do _anything_ within Windows.
    Not even the Taskmanager is available...

I just installed the update to Win 10 1909
    And a few seconds after "edge" was opened to complete the update, the sound appeared.
    MIKITA described the sound as "electronic machine gun", which fits very good. It appeaers (in that case) at the time, the start sound would be played.
    But there are other occassions, when the start sound was played and the VM hangs afer minutes or hours...

The report could be fould at 326732198

Ciao

dirk

14. diwa

diwa Member

After 8 hours, the sound is still active...
    The Button at the top says: 1% CPU in use...

15. diwa

diwa Member

So - new version of parallels, but still the same problems...

After installing 1909 on an older VM - everything seems to be working fine.
    Untill the parallels-tools installations wanted the VM to be restarted.

Regardles which user: the "machine gun" ist running - and the VM us unusable.

This is ANOYING!!!

16. May I ask you for one more tech report from the newest version?

17. diwa

diwa Member

Today, I found that problem at a different Mac (MacbookAir, 2015) - The tech report ist # 343636003

This time, I was loged on with a non-admin-account, trying to deinstall some software.

thanks

dirk

18. diwa

diwa Member

Restart and logon as an admin: The sounds appears almost immediately after the login process...

19. diwa

diwa Member

Anything new on this???

20. Hi, could you please try to add the following boot flag and check the issue:
    devices.audio.clock=1