Download video

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by RussellA, Nov 21, 2019.

1. RussellA

RussellA Bit poster

Today, I tried to use the download video option in Toolbox ver 2.6.1. When I tried to install the extension, I get this error message...
    Safari extension is currently not available for macOS 10.14 Mojave.

I thought that I might need to update Toolbox, but it says there are no updates available. How do I get the video downloader to work?

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    Parallels Toolbox version 2.6.1 has Safari extension that is not available anymore in newest versions of Safari. To use Safari extension to download video you have to use newer version of Parallels Toolbox.

3. JeffS25

JeffS25 Bit poster

I have the latest version of Parallels Toolbox, and it still doesn't work.

4. sergk

Hello,
    > I have the latest version of Parallels Toolbox, and it still doesn't work.
    are you talking about Download Video extension for Safari or about Download Video itself?

5. JeffS25

JeffS25 Bit poster

Neither work. Safari says the extension is no longer supported, and the downloader seems to require the Safari extension to work right.

6. sergk

> Safari says the extension is no longer supported
    Which version of macOS are you using? Please generate technical report and post its ID here (https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107).

> and the downloader seems to require the Safari extension to work right.
    You can use Download Video tool without Safari extension (extension is just more convenient way to start downloading). Open Toolbox, launch Download Video tool and paste a link to video you want to download.