USB storage shows as empty

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Nico3, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Nico3

Nico3 Bit poster

Hi,

I moved from parallels 8 and a Macbook Pro 2013 to a Macbook Pro 2019 with parallels 15. Now I can't manage to see files in USB drive when working on windows. Im able to choose were to open, but just when I plug into Mac it will show on Windows, however, drive shows as empty...
    Any help with this situation? It was perfectly working on my old mac and parallels.

Regards
    Nicolas

2. Hi, please try these steps and let us know the results.

3. Nico3

Nico3 Bit poster

Hi,
    I tried to follow those steps but didn't work for me.
    When trying to create a new folder in a disk that seems empty and the following message appears..

"access to folder denied.
    You need special permission for this action
    Name of the volumen
    Available space:322 GB
    Total space: 931GB"

parallels.png
    Just to remember, same disk in a old mac with parallels 8 was working perfectly.
    Thanks
    Nicolas

4. Nico3

Nico3 Bit poster

@Maria@Parallels Hi Maria, still having the same issue. I can't get access to external drive using parallels. I need to sort this out urgently... I'm using parralles Pro version updated to date.

Regards
    Nicolas

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us if you can access the Mac files from Windows normally other then this shared drive. Also check and let us know the Filesystem of the external drive.

6. Nico3

Nico3 Bit poster

Hi @Ajith@Parallels , thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my delay...
    I can access to the Mac files normally, and thats what I'm doing right now, saving external drive files into my Mac to then work with them in Windows.
    the Filesystem of the eterna drive is "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)". Notice that it is exactly the same external drive that worked perfectly with parallels 8...

Regards
    Nicolas

7. Nico3

Nico3 Bit poster

Adding more details... I was working with windows 7 and right now I installed windows 10 full updated to check and same issue...
    Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 13.44.57.png

8. Nico3

Nico3 Bit poster

SORTED OUT...
    Mac Os new installation unchecked sharing options for parallels ... Now it's working perfectly

9. Hi Nico3. Nice to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries.