Latest build on CDROM?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by zeker00, Oct 23, 2007.

1. zeker00

zeker00 Junior Member

Thread was moved from "Parallels Desktop for Mac > Installation and Configuration in Mac OS".
    Stacey M

I just purchased Desktop 3.0 for my MacPRO and noted that it contains build 4128. Is this the most recent "formal" build on CDROM? In my environment, we are not able to utilize downloaded software - it must be labeled media from vendor... If there is a more recent "formal" build on media - how can I get it? Thanks in advance.

zeker00

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2007
  2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

if you want to have the latest build installed, you can install build 4128. Use its key to activate it. Than you can just upgrade it by downloading the .dmg file from our website. It's an ordinary procedure.
    Or is it impossible for you?

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. zeker00

zeker00 Junior Member

I use your directions on my home install and am current. But I am NOT allowed to download software and get it into my work MacPRO. Only original manufacturers media allowewd. Thanks. zeker00

4. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Unfortunately we cannot provide you with Installation disk, because it could be done only by local vendors or on-line stores.
    The other way is to use any external drive to bring the copy of .dmg file to your work.
    It is not possible, please contact your local vendor and ask him to provide you with Installation disk of new build. Or you can try to ask your system administrator to let you install the latest build using the .dmg file.
    If you have any questions, please write me back.

Best regards,
    Stacey