Macs showing as Unlicensed when accessing through the browser

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by BradC, Nov 28, 2019.

1. BradC

BradC Bit poster

I have remote access set up for 4 computers. 3 Macs and 1 Windows machine.

When I access them through iOS, there are no issues and I can get into all the machines.

When I try accessing them through the web (Safari), all 3 Macs show as Unlicensed and I can't access them. The Windows machine is fine.

Help!!!

Attached Files:

2. AdrianP1

AdrianP1 Bit poster

I'm getting the same and have for a few days - maybe a week or more. I can connect from an app on my phone, but not through the browser.

3. AdrianP1

AdrianP1 Bit poster

Also, the app shows my PCs which are turned off as offline, the browser shows them all (including the online Mac) as unlicensed, although there's still a good 5 months left on my subscription.

4. Monkz

Monkz Bit poster

Same issue here - can connect from iphone, but from safari on mac - nope.

5. EdwinV4

EdwinV4 Bit poster

Trying to connect from Windows 10 - Firefox 70.0.1 (64-Bit) to my iMac get "unlicensed"

6. Same here, works from my iPhone of iPad but will not connect via any browser on my Mac

7. AdrianP1

AdrianP1 Bit poster

Contacted support and within 1 minute the issue was fixed for me - logged out both client and the remote computer, logged back in again and it's been fine since.

8. Monkz

Monkz Bit poster

Your trick doesn't work for me.... Maybe anyone from support can help???

9. mstrohb

mstrohb Bit poster

I'm getting this as well, can access my mac from iOS/ipadOS but not web.

10. TravisR2

TravisR2 Bit poster

Same problem here. I think it was introduced after upgrading to Mac OS Catalina, but not 100% sure.

11. mstrohb

mstrohb Bit poster

I've tried logging out/in on the mac client and the remote computer, no dice. Still works for iOS/ipadOS apps, but not web.

12. KevinR10

KevinR10 Bit poster

Having same issue is there any resolution to this? Updating client and logging out/in did not work for me - works on iPad but not web

13. Hi guys, could you collect the tech reports please and post the reports' IDs here.

14. NedB1

NedB1 Bit poster

I am having the same issue but I am on OSX Mojave. I can access the same machines that show offline in Mojave if I use IOS based app on iPhone(IOS13.3) or iPAD (same (IOS13.3) Subscription is up to date. Get same thing from OSX El Capitain...This used to work..Do you need an App installed for remote access now?? upload_2020-2-2_12-40-7.png

15. Hi, we've made some changes, please log out from the existing "my account" session and log in back.
    Or you can also remove the remote PC from "my account" and add it back.

16. LeticiaM1

LeticiaM1 Junior Member

I am facing this same issue only with safari but other browsers are working fine.
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2020
  17. Hello, we've made necessary changes, please check the issue.