Change to an icon that doesn't indicate that the App is paused.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by Matthew10, Jun 4, 2018.

?

If you are running an M1-based Mac, are you looking for an emulator to replace Parallels?

1. Yes

91.9%
  2. No

8.1%
  1. Matthew10

Matthew10 Bit poster

Your icon visually indicates that the app is paused regardless of whether it is, or not.
    Is it possible to get a new icon?
    matt

2. Jean-PierreS1

Jean-PierreS1 Bit poster

+1 Very frustrating... poor UX choice

AlexanderT10 likes this.
  3. Esko

Esko Bit poster

Concur. I wish Parallels' main app icon would be refreshed to something ... better. The red parallel lines just don't look good on the main icon nor on the virtual machines' icons, unfortunately.

AlexanderT10 likes this.
  4. Bruno Wego

Bruno Wego Bit poster

Please change the color of red icon at top bar. This is disturbing my attention.

JorgeB5 and HeikkiS like this.
  5. SergeyC2

SergeyC2 Bit poster

Agree, these huge red lines do not look good neither in the dock, nor in the top menu.

6. PopescuN

PopescuN

Your logo of 2 vertical parallel lines, looks exactly like a "Pause" button, as if something is put on pause/on hold. I bet i'm not the only one who gets a brain freeze / mind duck, when you get startled that "OMG! Why was my virtual machine paused??!!! oh.. no.. i got scared of the Parallels logo agian..."
    Plus, it is a very ugly logo, you could've at least make the lines horizontal, if you're getting off on making your logo look like the most common of things... at least an equal sign isn't as disruptive..

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go resume all of my virt... oh... wait......

7. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your feedback. Virtual machine and Shared Applications icons in the Dock don't have the Parallels logo anymore. To distinguish Windows apps from macOS apps, tag the virtual machine with color in Finder or via the Control Center context menu.

qwertyhpp likes this.