An unexpected error occurred when initializing Parallels Tools.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RafaelH1, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Hi, please provide us with more details about the issue.
    According to your report, you have an issue with Parallels Access, not the Parallels Desktop.

2. TyT

TyT Bit poster

No it is parallels desktop that I am having the issue with. Same as above.

3. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Could you please recreate the problem report after the issue reproducing? Unfortunately your previous tech.report doesn't contains any info about Parallels Tools issue. Looking forward to your reply

4. toaruScar

toaruScar Bit poster

I have the same issue. Booting a bootcamp based VM gives me an error "An unexpected error occurred when initializing Parallels Tools."
    Here is the report id: 318629898

5. Thanks a lot, I've forwarded your tech.report to the Engineering team.
    We will continue investigation, thank you once again for the cooperation.

6. crux2k

crux2k Bit poster

I have the same issue. Booting a bootcamp based VM gives me an error "An unexpected error occurred when initializing Parallels Tools." report id: 318867185

7. Thanks a lot for the provided report. I've escalated it for the further investigation.

8. CristianA3

CristianA3 Bit poster

Same problem with me. Tech report 319780328.

9. Thank you for the provided info, please upgrade to the newest version - Parallels Desktop 15 and use VM without the issue.

10. CristianA3

CristianA3 Bit poster

I just bought parallels less than two months ago. I don't think I should have to upgrade to a new version of Parallels, especially as it was working with the MacOS fine up until very recently. I am on the same Mac OS.

11. CristianA3

CristianA3 Bit poster

12. KalleA1

KalleA1 Bit poster

Same Problem here, the suggested workaround did not help or is not entirely possible. Parallels 13 on MacOS 10.12.6

Attached Files:

13. KalleA1

KalleA1 Bit poster

Report ID: 328270058

14. toaruScar

toaruScar Bit poster

Running Parallels 15 now, I do not get this problem anymore. Planned obsolesence, maybe?

15. KalleA1

KalleA1 Bit poster

If that were true, that would be an argument to stop any business with Parallels for good.
    I use the product with supported OSes, so I should expect the product to work.
    If I would just pointlessly went with every new version that is being offered, I could just as well (at lesser cost) have a second machine that runs windows ;-)