Old activation key issue?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by WhoK, Dec 14, 2019.

1. WhoK

WhoK Bit poster

I upgraded yesterday from Parallels Desktop to Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition after using the former for over 2 years. When trying to open the later I am presented with a "you have entered an upgrade key. Please confirm it with a key from the previous edition". That key for a past edition can not be found on any of the invoices I have for purchases or renewals that I have made since at least 2017. I can and have provided invoices to prove that. Doesn't Parallels themselves keep a record of "activation keys" for purchases made by a customer that can be provided within a reasonable amount of time. I have a ticket now with support but that has been going round and round in circles for nearly 24hrs now. I want to install my latest upgrade and get it setup asap. Can't something be done to hasten this procedure?
    A little disheartened with Parallels support at this stage.
    Who Kuni (Sr. Sabina)
    Tokyo, JAPAN

2. Abishek

Abishek Member

Hello @WhoK We have sent you a private message, please check your inbox and respond us to check and assist you further.

3. Rubenv1

Rubenv1 Bit poster

Dear support team,

I have a simular issue. I have bought an upgrade for parallels. I did this on my previous macbookpro (which I still have but uninstalled parallels). Today I am configuring my new macbookpro and I am trying to install parallels. During the install the wizard is asking me for a second parallels key 'not only the upgrade key'. The only key I can find in my account is already passed subscription? Which is odd, since I am working with parallels since around the year 2016. In my account I cannot find any subscription key that is purchased around that date? On my previous laptop I haven't had any of these issues during the install of the upgraded version.

Can you please help, I work with parallels every day.

Thanks.

Ruben

4. rafac

rafac Bit poster

Dear Support Team:
    I urgently need to keep working and I can't activate my licenses on Business Edition.
    I have two licenses available to activate and are requesting my previous license. It mentions I must provide the old activation key, but I have no other activation key.
    Two weeks ago it worked, but not today...
    Please help us with it.
    rafa

5. rafac

rafac Bit poster

Dear Support Team:
    I urgently need to keep working and I can't activate my licenses on Business Edition.
    I have two licenses available to activate and are requesting my previous license. It mentions I must provide the old activation key, but I have no other activation key.
    Two weeks ago it worked, but not today...
    Please help us with it.

6. davidc65

davidc65 Bit poster

I upgraded to ver 15 Parallels Desktop for Mac. It asks for activation key from prior version. I input this and get message that this key is no longer valid. How do i get a valid activation key?

TonyC23 likes this.
  7. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We found a Parallels Desktop 8 key registered with your Hotmail email address and transferred it to the current account, use it as a previous key to complete the activation.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We do not see any active Business subscriptions in your account the last business subscription was expired in 2017 but you have purchased 5 Pro upgrades without a previous key. We suggest you visit this article and create a support ticket to speak with our support directly to proceed further.

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We can see that you have only Parallels Desktop 13 key and older keys registered in your account. If you like to activate Parallels Desktop 15, purchase a one-time upgrade to Parallels Desktop 15 or an upgrade subscription.

10. federico5

federico5 Bit poster

Hello, today I just bought and upgrade to renew my lisence with a new e-mail, but when I put my activation key it asks for my old one which I dont have, I know I can find the old key in my inbox but the mail used for the old one was hacked and after months of trying to recover the email it couldn't be done so it is impossible for me to access the email.

11. Hello, if you provide us with your old email, we will do our best to fond your previous key.
    Please share it with us via the private message.

12. LuccaG

LuccaG Bit poster

I have the same invalid key problem, can I send it privately?

13. Hi, please reply me with your key and detailed issue description via the private message.

14. CoatingA

CoatingA Bit poster

Hi All,
    I want to migrate Parallels 11 to my new Mac.
    I have removed it from old Mac as per Parallels way: closing application and removing to trust,
    rebooting my old Mac. After installation on new Mac, same version as on old, I have been informed
    that my license is already in use.
    How to solve the problem? My old Mac will work without Parallels.

15. LuccaG

LuccaG Bit poster

it would be nice to have a publicly available solution to facilitate

16. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. You can try to activate it now.

17. ParallelsU70

ParallelsU70 Bit poster

I just reinstalled OS X and have just come across this ridiculous method of trying to validate my legitimate Parallels license.
    If my previous key is needed to install after a reinstall then it should be listed on my active subscriptions. I do not keep license keys from 3-4 years ago.

18. ParallelsU70

ParallelsU70 Bit poster

Exact same issue. Can I get reactivation on my install too?

This is a ridiculous requirement to be honest.

19. ParallelsU70

ParallelsU70 Bit poster

I have cancelled my yearly subscription and will not be using Parallels again and will be actively discouraging other Mac users to use it too.

20. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    If you decide to continue working with us we will be glad to help you with the issue resolution.