Running 32 bit apps with VM Mojave with main system Catalina?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by WarrenH3, Dec 14, 2019.

1. WarrenH3

WarrenH3 Bit poster

This is what I want to do and need to know if a) this is possible and b) if so, how to do it:
    I am running Catalina which only 64 bit apps can run. I have a Fujitsu scanner S1500M that has 32bit scanning software that Fujitsu has made end of life and will not upgrade the software even though the scanners run great and are better than the ones currently made. What I want to do is to be able to scan using the 32 bit fujitsu scansnap software in a VM and have those scanner files be auto loaded into my evernote application automatically, which is how it is set up in Mojave. Then I want to be able to look at the evernote files and use the application in my Catalina system. So, can I do that?

If so, how would I do that. I already have my old Mojave system on a separate partition I can boot from. So how do I set up parallels to run my Mojave system and then scan to the evernote file that I use in catalina?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. WarrenH3

WarrenH3 Bit poster

Oh, I would like to not reinstall a version of Mojave but simply use the existing Mojave partition because some software is no longer able to be reinstalled onto another system. I use an existing boot camp partition to run windows, so I should be able to do the same with Mojave?