IRQL Unexpected Value before every Win10 startup

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ChrisM16, Nov 16, 2019.

1. ChrisM16

ChrisM16 Junior Member

Running Win 10 build 1909 at the moment on Parallels 15.1.1 (47117) and the VM startup is somewhat prolonged through having to get through the unexpected stop ballet of Microsoft(IRQL Unexpected Value). SFC shows no problems, CHKDSK shows no problems, CCleaner had some registry cleaning to do but nothing serious; it still does the unexpected stop. Once it's gone through collecting its data, it restarts and all just works as expected. Any thoughts?

2. ParallelsU348

ParallelsU348 Bit poster

Don't you think about hardware problems? I've had such issues, and the only thing which helped was changing HDD.

3. ChrisM16

ChrisM16 Junior Member

Not really, as I've bounced the Win10 VM between drives, got rid of Win7, changed the drives from SATA to PCie, and the Mac Pro still runs, and Win10 still BSoDs. I've re-opened the ticket, as the stock response is 'Re-install Windows on a new VM', and that doesn't solve anything. It's interesting that, after the Win10 BSoDs, it restarts and then runs perfectly until I restart the VM itself. I suspect that <something> is not being initialised properly until some part of the Win10 startup has completed, after which it BSoDs and then boots and runs perfectly because the <something> is now set properly. By contrast, Parallels was able to load and run Catalina on this MP5,1 without the slightest difficulty...