Try as I might, I cannot get bluetooth to work

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BallO, Dec 29, 2019.

1. BallO

BallO Hunter

I'm trying out Catalina for the first time and bluetooth sharing simply doesn't work.

The old method I use to use back in Yosemite would be to hand off the bluetooth modem to the host OS, which doesn't appear to be an option any longer. None of the built-in USB devices are in the USB menu.

Instead I enabled "Share Bluetooth devices with Windows" in that machine's settings, which I suppose is the new method (the manual seems to suggest this, although it has no screen shots of it actually working so who knows). I paired two devices in MacOS: a Microsoft mouse and a portable speaker. They work fine in MacOS. These devices never show up in the "USB & Bluetooth" menu. I tried disconnecting them in the MacOS menu just to see if that would help. Nada. Using Windows 10 LTSC.

Has anyone actually gotten bluetooth sharing to work? I might have to go back to Yosemite. Thanks for the replies.

2. BallO

BallO Hunter

3. BallO

BallO Hunter

I broke down and bought a dongle. If anyone ever figured this out please reply

4. Hi, which version of Parallels Desktop are you using?

5. BallO

BallO Hunter

15.1.2 I think.

6. Could you please collect the tech report right after the issue reoccurs and share the report's ID here.

7. BallO

BallO Hunter

What on earth do you mean "after the issue occurs"? Do you mean whey the sky is blue?