you have entered an upgrade key. Please confirm it with a key from the previous version

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by Igor Moreira, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Hi, we can try to find your previous key. Are you remember your email, which you used for the Parallels Desktop 4 registration?

KatL likes this.
  2. SaravananR@Parallels

SaravananR@Parallels Member

Hi markh34, thank you for reaching out! We have sent a private message. Please reply back to check and help you better. Thanks, Saravanan.

3. AndrewF11

AndrewF11 Bit poster

Hello,

I just made this mistake trying to upgrade an old version of Parallels to the most recent Desktop version. Can you send me a link to pay the difference so I may unlock the software?

Thank you!

4. Hi, we can provide you with the full refund and then you will be able to purchase the correct version.
    But we need a purchase order to initiate the refund process.

5. AndrewF11

AndrewF11 Bit poster

No problem. Where can I email you my order invoice?

Thanks!

6. AndrewF11

AndrewF11 Bit poster

Or how can I send a private message? Can't find a link anywhere.

Thanks!

7. AndrewF11

AndrewF11 Bit poster

Any chance on a PM to send you the information for the refund?

Thanks!

8. SaravananR@Parallels

We have sent you a private message. Please reply back to the same to check and help you further. Thanks, Saravanan.

9. SaravananR@Parallels

As requested, we have processed the refund for the wrong purchase for Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac with reference # 202751819. Refunds will take 5-7 business days to credit back to your bank account. Thanks, Saravanan.

10. KyleP4

KyleP4 Bit poster

Hi I am also running into the same issue. I just purchased the upgrade without the initial purchase of Parallels. Can I please receive a refund?

11. Bengitou

Bengitou Bit poster

Bonjour, j'ai acheté une clé de mise a niveau mais je ne sais pas si j'ai une clé primaire du logiciel. Pouvez vous verifier si j'ai une clé primaire SVP? ou le cas écheant me rembourser mon achat de mise a niveau pour que je puisse acheter une nouvelle licence complete svp. J'en ai besoin rapidement merci d'avance.

12. VeronicaJ

VeronicaJ Bit poster

I have a smilier issue. I have previously used Parallels 10, and have now bought an upgrade to Parallels 15. When i put in the new key after installation it asks med for the key to the previous version, but when I put that in it says "This key cannot be used to activate Parallels Desktop."
    I've also tried to activate the new key on my account page, but then I get a message saying the key is already registered in a different account, but I don't have any other accounts.

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We can see that you have already got a refund for the upgrade.

14. RemiL

RemiL Bit poster

Hello Parallels,
    Im also having issues upgrading to Mac Pro version.
    I could use your help! Happy New Year

15. Hi, please share a bit more details about our issue.

16. IgorB2

IgorB2 Bit poster

Hi, on my account page it says I have a permanent license for Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac, I installed it and now it says I have to enter activation key because I entered an upgrade key, isn't it permanent?

17. KatL

KatL Bit poster

Hi, I have similar issues. I bought the pro edition and received my activation key. After I enter the key it says it is an upgrade key and asks for
    Auto Clicker Test key from an older version...This is my first time using parallels so I do not have a key from an older version. Please help

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2020
  18. Hi, permanent license key works only for 1 Parallels Desktop version. You will be unable to activate your 15 version with Parallels Desktop 14 permanent key.
    It only possible with subscription, during the subscription period.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

19. Hi, in this case we can help you with getting a refund for the upgrade version and then you will be able to purchase the full version.

20. IgorB2

IgorB2 Bit poster

Thank you for your response, I am using Parallels 14 with Parallels 14 activation key, but it tells me I used an upgrade key and asks for me to enter an older version key which I don't have as it should be a permanent license for Parallels 14. I don't have Parallels 15 installed. Thank you for any help