Old Versions of Parallels Not Working With Mac?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JohnC18, Mar 17, 2016.

1. JohnC18

JohnC18 Bit poster

When I try to get a trial key it says:

Unable to request a trial key
    Please check your network connection and try again. If the
    problem persists, contact the Parallels support team.

It happens repeatedly with every version of Parallels 9.0 and below. I'm using 9.0 because my mac is 10.7.5 version Lion and that's the highest it can go.. Is there a way I can fix this? Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 2.19.52 PM.png

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi John, after the launch of Parallels 11 for Mac, the trial for previous versions has been disabled. Please try Parallels 11 trial for 14days.

3. JohnC18

JohnC18 Bit poster

I can't because my Mac does not support Parallels 11. Is there any workaround?

4. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hi John, you can purchase the version of Parallels Desktop for Mac compatible on your version of Mac (for e.g. Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac on Mac OS X 10.7.5) from our authorized re-sellers like, Amazon or Best Buy

5. DaleE

DaleE Member

"Unable to request a trial key, please check your network connection and try again. if the problem persists, contact the Parallels support team" solution proposed is not a good solution.

6. Hi, would you like to get the latest Parallels Desktop version (15) trial key?

7. DaleE

DaleE Member

Version 15 trial key won't work in Earlier versions of PD such as 8 or 9 or 10. Looks like most I can download is PD 9.

8. We stop to sell previous version and provide our customers with trial version right after the newest version has been released.
    Unfortunately we're unable to provide you with the Parallels Desktop 9 trial key.