Dock icon is annoyingly ugly

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JoshuaM4, Sep 21, 2016.

?

Do you find the icon annoyingly ugly?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JoshuaM4

JoshuaM4 Bit poster

The dock icon is annoyingly ugly. It probably shouldn't bother me as much as it does and has led me to search for ways of hacking in a new icon.

[​IMG]

I've read several forum posts and blogs across the net over the past few years all commenting on it as well. Setting aside the fact that I think it's an ugly icon plain and simple I agree with the perspective many others have shared that it also conveys the wrong message. Each and every time that I see it on the dock it makes me feel like my virtual machine is in a paused state. Anyways, this is mostly just a rant to make me feel a little better but it would be great to see it get addressed.

KalleL likes this.
  2. KalleL

KalleL Bit poster

I just changed as many icns-files as I could in the different .app -packages that I could find, and now my Parallels service is broken somehow. It looked great up until I opened the VM (.pvm file) and changed the icons in there. Since then the entire program has been unusable. How can you make a product for a Mac and then totally set aside product design, making it so ugly that I had to go and change it myself and ruining the usefulness of the application in the process? It make no sense at all how you can pass the "Pause icon" as a valid idea for an icon. Complete and utter incompetence............

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi KalleL, please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build (12.1.3 (41532)) Choose "Optimize full screen for games" from virtual machine Configuration -> Options-> Full screen-> check "Optimize full screen for games" which hides OS X Dock, menu bar and notifications.

4. KristinaV

KristinaV Bit poster

I agree!

5. Mr. S

Mr. S Bit poster

It's now 2020 and we still have this uggly as pause button logo in the menu bar and on top of all the dock icons. I wonder if Apple could miss a designer for a week to design a better logo for Parallels as they don't seem to have in-house designers..

6. Thank you for your feedback.
    If you have any ideas about the icon, may we ask you to describe it here, we will do our best to make it much better.
    Or can you please let us know what you don't like excactly.
    Thank you in advance.