November 2019 Windows Update (1909)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MichaelQ1, Jan 18, 2020.

1. MichaelQ1

MichaelQ1 Bit poster

I've been running a Windows 10 Pro virtual machine. It seems to be stuck at Version 1809 (October 2018). When I manually run Check for Updates it says "You're up to date" and doesn't find versions 1903 (May 2019) or 1909 (November 2019). How do I get Windows to update to the current build?

I have checked that Windows is activated in case that is important (it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account").

I am running the current version of Parallels Desktop (Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac Pro Edition Version 15.1.2 (47123)).

2. Hello MichaelQ1. You can try the steps from this article to update the Windows 10 manually.

3. MichaelQ1

MichaelQ1 Bit poster

This fixed the problem. Thanks!

4. Pinoy Lambingan

Pinoy Lambingan Bit poster

Microsoft's John Cable explains that this update "will be a scoped set of features for select performance improvements, enterprise features, and quality enhancements." In other words, expect a select set of bug fixes, performance tweaks, and a handful of business features.

If you're sick of big Windows 10 updates every six months, Windows 10's November 2019 Update (19H2) is the update for you! Installing this update will be more like installing a standard cumulative update like the updates that arrive on Patch Tuesday. It should be a small download with a fast installation process--no long reboot and purging of old Windows installations necessary.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2020
  5. You are welcome. Nice to know that it is sorted out. Please get back to us for any further queries.