Parallels 15 and Catalina printer issue, only works on 1 machine at a time

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by johnp41, Jan 9, 2020.

1. johnp41

johnp41 Bit poster

I decided to try out the new 15 on Catalina. Everything works smoothly except for my printer. I have to click on Devices>USB & Bluetooth and then check or uncheck the printer every time I go back and forth between the MACOS and the parallels virtual machine. It seems like it just won't share the printer without assigning it to the mac or the VM each time i need to print. Running windows 7 ultimate. I searched all around, reinstalled the tools, checked all the settings but not having any luck. I have used parallels versions for 10 or so years without this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2. Hi, could you please clarify, would you like to use printer only on VM or om Mac side?

3. johnp41

johnp41 Bit poster

Sorry, I guess i was not very clear. I have used parallels for years. i have always been able to use my local USB printer on both the Mac and VM without changing any settings. with the trail run of 15 i could only use the printer on 1 side or the other. I had to go to devices and check or uncheck that printer each time i went back and forth between mac and VM. thank you for the response.

4. Got it, and did you use this instructions to share your printer between Mac and Windows?