Download Video (Not Working)

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by CedricS, Jan 29, 2020.

1. CedricS

CedricS Bit poster

I'm able to begin any download but it only does half of the download and then doesn't respond. The tool locks up or freezes. I need help with this one asap.

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    what are the preferences in Download Video tool - "Preferred quality" and "For non-MP4 videos" (if exists)?
    Does your problem exist for all videos?

3. sergk

Also try to leave Download Video tool for about 1 or 2 minutes when it hang . Will it revert to live?

4. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

We have released an update -- 3.8.1 -- that resolves this issue. Please update and check if video downloads without freezing. Sorry about this problem!

5. CHrisTheBiPolarBear

CHrisTheBiPolarBear Junior Member

6. CHrisTheBiPolarBear

CHrisTheBiPolarBear Junior Member

The Latest version when it downloads a video will not play in Quick time player or Apple TV audio works but no Picture works using VLC player Version 3.90 Image showing opened with quick time Audio only , reverted to using 3.70

Attached Files:

7. SilvanC

SilvanC Member

Hi,
    What are your preferences for Download Video tool please? This scenario can happen if you are using "Maximum Quality" + "Download without conversion". If this is the case try using "Convert to MP4" instead or lower the quality.
    Also, can you please provide a link to the video you are trying to download?

8. IanE4

IanE4 Bit poster

Hi! I'm having the exact same intermittent problems others are for the last week [04.06-11.2020] more than half of YouTube videos are no=t downloadable at any of the quality settings...

9. jerry17

jerry17 Bit poster

I am having the same problem, unable to download most YouTube videos today. /sigh

Hoping to see a fix soon?

10. JoshuaB9

JoshuaB9 Bit poster

Hello, I am also having trouble downloading from YouTube. It worked fine yesterday, but today is a different story. What's going on?

11. jerry17

jerry17 Bit poster

idk no responses from parallels yet either. i have messaged them but....

12. sergk

Hello,
    we're working on this issue, I hope the fix will be available soon.

13. jerry17

jerry17 Bit poster

Thank you for the reply. Just knowing that the issue is being worked on is very much appreciated!

14. sergk

Hello,
    please, do the next:
    - close "Download Video" (or Download Audio if you're downloading audios) tool
    - In Parallels Toolbox -> open cogwheel -> Check for Updates. No new updates should be available, though.
    - Open "Download Video" tool again and try to download problem video again.

15. jerry17

jerry17 Bit poster

Works perfectly now. Thanks much!

16. JasonH22

JasonH22 Bit poster

I cannot download a youtube video on MacOS. It progresses up to approx 400 MB and then says it's done, but the file rendered in downloads is always only 43 KB. I have tried numerous quality settings, but nothing works.

17. sergk

Hello,
    Could you please give us a link to problem video? Are there other videos with same problem?

18. JasonH22

JasonH22 Bit poster

Thanks for the reply, but it's an unlisted video on YouTube, so I can't post the link in a public forum. I have found another way to get it downloaded, but disappointed that this licensed product didn't work.

19. MichaelR52

MichaelR52 Bit poster

Hi! Here is a video that is not downloading (Mac version): About 1 minute downloads, but the remainder does not save. The app shows a lot is being downloaded (hundreds of MB), but the final file is quite small (maybe 2 MB.) If you have any ideas on how to fix this, it would be appreciated - thanks!

20. Eric26

Eric26 Bit poster

Same here. Only the first few seconds of a video download from youtube.