Two mouse pointers on MBP screen

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by StephenS4, Feb 21, 2020.

1. StephenS4

StephenS4 Bit poster

Running Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 build 18363.657 on Parallels 15.1.2 build 47123 on MBP running Catalina 10.15.3. Added a portable external USB monitor- ASUS MB169B+. Now periodically a second mouse pointer appears on my MBP screen (never on the ASUS). It disappears if I unplug the ASUS. I have not been able to determine the cause, but it appears randomly. Only the pointer to the right actually functions. The only ways to eliminate it once it occurs seem to be to either unplug external monitor or reboot.
    Does anyone else have experience similar to this, and if so, have you been able to eliminate the issue?

2. Hi Stephen, we have not encountered this issue with other Parallels Users. We would like to know if this specifically happens when you run Parallels Desktop or even when Parallels Desktop is not running?

3. StephenS4

StephenS4 Bit poster

abhishek@Parallel, your question led me to the resolution of the problem.
    I was adding the monitor drivers in Windows. When instead I added them on the Mac side (Go to the ASUS support site and download the installer for the version of OSX being used and install in OSX) it appears to function flawlessly both for the Mac and on Windows running on Parallels.
    Thank you very much.

4. Nice to know that you were able to sort out the issue. And you are welcome! Please get back to us for any further queries.