no 3d acceleration mode given

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PatrickR8, Nov 13, 2019.

1. PatrickR8

PatrickR8 Bit poster

Hello,
    i have an iMac 27 Late 2013 with OS Catalina and the NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1 GB.
    I've installed Parallels Desktop 15 with an Windows 10 Guest OS. Now i try to use the program "QVR Pro Client" which needs OpenGL 3.2 or higher to start.
    The Program do not open, on a Bootcamp-Windows 10 on the same machine it works. I searched the net and some people told to others to enable the "3d acceleration" in the config. I was trying this, but in the config if don't habe this option. there is only the option for the "graphical ram" and the option for "vertical sync".

can someone help me what to do ?
    thanks a lot !

2. serv

serv Forum Maven

Try adding "video.gl3=1" (w/o quotes) to VM config > Hardware > Boot order > Advanced > Boot flags.

3. PatrickR8

PatrickR8 Bit poster

thanks for your answer.
    I tried this but with no luck.
    Same problem, program doesn't start

4. AndreaR3

AndreaR3 Bit poster

hi! I'm missing the 3d acceleration option too, what's going on? I'm on last update of parallels 15 but can't find how to enable direct 11 that was the whole point for me, any help pls?

5. Hi, most of DirectX 11 programs are hardware stressful applications, thus their performance is directly related to Mac hardware (GPU, CPU and hard disk). Please refer to this article and check https://kb.parallels.com/124137 .

6. AndreaR3

AndreaR3 Bit poster

Totally not the problem, the setting showed in the guides on this site is missing in the settings( 3D acceleration) is not in the graphic settings anymore

7. Hi, could you please share the screenshot of the graphic settings.

8. BenitoS

BenitoS Bit poster

I have the same problem. Tried several times to setup the Windows with the Boot-Flag and so on, but the 3D-Accelartion Option doesnt show up.
    I'm using a Mac Book Pro Late 2019 16" with Catalina 10.15.4. and Parallels 15.
    Unfortunally there was an error everytime i tried to upload a picture. So Advanced Settings only show V-Sync and automated switching of the graphicmode.
    My mainpurpose to buy Parallels was to play games on my Windows 10 VM.

9. Hi, could you provide us with the screenshot of the error that you've got.

10. MichaelB79

MichaelB79 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have the same issue. I'm MacBook Pro 15inch late 2016 owner. When setting up my windows 10 image with Parallels 15 there is no 3D acceleration option available. (whereas the option is available with an Ubuntu image).
    Could please help, I have no clue.

Attached Files:

11. MichaelB79

MichaelB79 Bit poster

Please find an additional screenshot to compare windows image and linux image. Feel free to PM me if you need an ID report.
    My main reason for purchasing a Parrallels 15 licence is gaming. That's why I need your assistance as I can notice I'm not the only one in that case.

Attached Files:

12. Gerard4

Gerard4 Bit poster

Could you solve this?
    It also happens to me and I'd like a solution.

13. ParallelsU407

ParallelsU407 Bit poster

Solved by downgrading from Parallels 15 to 14. They removed the option in v.15.

14. SalD1

SalD1 Junior Member