Zoom window without maximizing?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ksignorini, Feb 22, 2020.

1. ksignorini

ksignorini Member

Any way to get a Windows 10 window to go "full-screen-windowed" or in Mac parlance, "zoomed" without actually going full-screen maximized?

2. Hi, will the Coherence mode and full screen window work for you?
    If not, please provide us with more details how would you like to use Windows in "full screen" without "Full screen" mode.

3. ksignorini

ksignorini Member

I should have mentioned that I am talking about Coherence mode, yes.

On the Mac there are 2 ways to fill the screen with an app:

1. Zoom-ed (effectively fills the regular screen by pulling the window edges up to the menu bar, down to the dock, left to the screen edge, right to the screen edge--but is not actually in macOS "fullscreen" mode)
    2. Fullscreen mode (fills the entire screen and effectively acts as a separate "space" to the OS)

After further testing, most Windows apps seem to go into mode 1. Zoom when I hit their Maximize button. However, some seem to go straight to mode 2. Fullscreen. I wonder if the ones going fullscreen are written in such a way that they can't stay Windowed (the one in particular that got me going down this road is a game tool...maybe it's only got a Windows fullscreen mode?).

In any event, most work correctly and Zoom rather than going fullscreen. Sorry for the confusion.

Maria@Parallels likes this.