Your product license has reached the activation limit

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HansolL, Oct 3, 2017.

1. 2eC1

2eC1 Bit poster

Hi, we're running into the same issue on our account. There are two keys, one of which has been uninstalled for several months, and both give the same error of "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies." Apparently we're not eligible for phone, email, or chat support, so I ended up over here. Can our activations be reset as well?

2. SaravananR@Parallels

SaravananR@Parallels Member

It looks like you are trying to activate Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac using your Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac license key which is not possible. Either you need to purchase an upgrade license key using the link and activate it (or) Please download Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac from the link and install it by referring to the article then activate it that will resolve. Thanks, Saravanan.

3. MarioB8

MarioB8 Bit poster

Please help, I can't activate my license on my other computer even though I already did logout on the old mac

4. 2eC1

2eC1 Bit poster

Hey folks. Any potential resolution for this activation limit issue? Our trial is about to expire, despite have 2 should-be-working licenses.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset your activation key. Try to activate again and check.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We see that you have two Parallels Desktop 12 license keys in your account. You can only use these keys with that version. Do you have Parallels Desktop 12 installed or a different version?

7. 2eC1

2eC1 Bit poster

Yes, we have Parallels Desktop 12.2.1 installed and are trying to activate that. Both keys are not currently in use, so we would like to reset both of them.

8. SaravananR@Parallels

As requested, we have reset your license keys for Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. Please try activating it now that will resolve. Thanks, Saravanan.

9. rinkym

rinkym Bit poster

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

10. SaravananR@Parallels

Hi rinkym, thank you for reaching out! We have sent a private message. Please check and reply us back to help you better. Thanks, Saravanan.

11. surveyp

surveyp Bit poster

hello

Locate your Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition subscription and then click the Registered computers item.
    1. Select the device you would like to deactivate the license on. ...
    2. Click on Actions at the top right corner of the list to open a drop-down menu with possible actions.
    3. Select Deactivate.
    try this steps hope this may solve your probelm

regards
    SURVEY PACIFIC

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  12. TAMYOCO

TAMYOCO Bit poster

Hello, I am trying to activate parallels 9 from my previous keys and it tells me that I cannot because I have activated many times already. I have changed the computer and need to activate. Thank you.

13. Hi, we've reset your Parallels Desktop 9 license key, please check the issue and let us know how does it work for you.

14. JacoS1

JacoS1 Bit poster

Hi,

I bought a new Macbook and now I'm getting this error.

This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies.

Regards,
    Jaco

15. Hi, we've changed your key's internal settings, please check the issue.

16. SeanL10

SeanL10 Bit poster

I tried to transfer my parallels desktop 15 license to anther Macbook. I followed the instruction for moving license from Parallel: https://kb.parallels.com/123461. I still got the error message: "this license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies". Could anyone help me? Thank you!

17. Hello, we've made some changes, please check the issue and let us know how does it work.
    Thanks in advance.

18. ThijsK

ThijsK Bit poster

Hello,

I've purchased a new MacBook and moved everything with the migration tool. I signed out of my Parallels account on the old macbook, but when I try to use my key on the new macbook, it shows me this error "this license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies"
    My subscription is still active. Can you help me?

19. Hello, we've reset your Parallels Desktop 11 key, please try to activate it again and let us know the results.

20. ThijsK

ThijsK Bit poster

Hello Maria,
    Thanks for your answer. Can you please do the same for my Parallels Desktop 15 key? That's the one I'm referring to in this case, but forgot to mention.