I lost my bootcamp panel and mackbook pro hotkey won't work anymore

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by juisenl, Dec 29, 2019.

1. juisenl

juisenl Bit poster

Dears:
    Anyone same situation likes me ?
    After I install parallels tool in bootcamp (windows 10) and I boot from Bootcamp can't use any MBP hotkey and bootcamp panel gone in system tray icon.
    Please Help , How can I get back hotkey (keyboard light adjust, screen light adjust, Volume adjust...)

2. NathanR5

NathanR5 Bit poster

Yes, I have the same issue. I've even removed the bootcamp partition, made a new one, fresh install of windows 10, then run from parallels. As soon as I install parallels tools, I lose all ability to run the bootcamp control panel, set my startup disk, have a backlit keyboard, etc. This post is the only thing I've been able to find on this topic, I'm starting to think I made a bad purchase.

3. juisenl

juisenl Bit poster

I try to reinstall windows 10 and install parallels tool before install bootcamp windows support, It's work normally now.
    So I guess Parallels Tools installation Must Be do something and change windows 10 boot start or registry, but I don't know.

4. IgorP2

IgorP2 Junior Member

I also had the same issue. It looks like Parallels Tools breaks bootcamp driver installation. I even tried to run BootCamp manager manually but it did not work. Then i tried to run BootCamp drivers installation once again and that worked out. I was able to use keyboard and touchpad again. But one month later i forgot about that issue and booted bootcamp Windows via Parallels. Drivers became broken again and i was never able to restore them. So i simply deleted BootCamp partition as it became unusable.

5. MarkM40

MarkM40 Bit poster

I have the same issue. After use with Parallels, boot camp Win 10 installation no longer shows taskbar "Boot Camp" icon when launched independently of macOS. Re-installing the Apple support software (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204923 ) seems to fix things though.

6. MartinW19

MartinW19 Bit poster

Hello, had the same problem. found that Paralells deletes the bootcamp registry entries in Windows! You have to add them again, then everything will work again. Start Windows and then enter the following values:
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Apple_KbdMgr
    C:\Program Files\Boot Camp\Bootcamp.exe
    After a reboot Windows works fine with bootcamp!

Eug1 likes this.
  7. MartinW19

MartinW19 Bit poster

here is a batch file. Creates the entry automatically

Attached Files:

8. Skulcar

Skulcar Bit poster

Thanks Martin, it works great!

9. Hi All, we also recommend you to
    Hi Martin, thank you for sharing the workaround. We recommend all users facing similar issue to follow these instructions.

10. juisenl

juisenl Bit poster

Thanks @MatinW19 for amazing help!!

11. music_para_user

music_para_user Bit poster

The "Bootcamp Manager Startet nicht.reg" file worked great for windows 10, but are you supposed to do anything with the "._Bootcamp Manager Startet nicht.reg" file in the "_MACOSX" folder? What is that for? Thanks!

12. IvanD@Parallels

IvanD@Parallels Staff Member

Hello everyone,
    We released a hotfix for Parallels Desktop 15 which resolves the issue discussed here. Download the hotfix and update Parallels Tools to resolve the issue with the Boot Camp drivers.