5160 Upgrade has caused network problems in XP

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jesuitx, Sep 17, 2007.

1. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

2. bsweetser

bsweetser Bit poster

Eru, I had reinstalled the tools, and performed the other steps listed in the forums. Ben, I hadn't seen the 5162 update, but will check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Ben S.

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Let me know how trying Ben's recommendation goes.

4. bsweetser

bsweetser Bit poster

Build 5162 fixed the problem!

I applied 5162 and my guest OS is now able to access the network and Internet. Everything else appears to be functioning properly as well.

5. dgcassidy

dgcassidy Junior Member

Build 5162 didn't fix my problem

I'm on Leopard and this network connectivity issue has just appeared -- I swear it was fine after the Leopard upgrade but now it's completely broken. I just installed build 5162 to see if that might help -- the answer is a resounding NO.

Parallels Team -- Got any other ideas about how to fix this (really very serious) problem?

6. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

there are some known issues with network problems in Leopard. Please try to use solutions given in this post.

Best regards,
    Stacey

7. Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac Bit poster

Well, after the better part of my afternoon, I was able to get this working by using Internet Sharing and Host mode, but it's important that the devs understand these are workarounds and not desired final functionality.

I'm using Leopard, build 5540, uninstalled, reinstalled, performed various sacred incantations, etc. but finally had to resort to host mode, which is suboptimal.

8. Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac Bit poster

Yeap. Upon coming home from work and attempting to use this Host-based network setup, I'm hosed again. Had to reboot the computer entirely to get the Parallels network adapters to show as green in Leopard Network PrefPane - check. But now, since I'm on AirPort at home, I have to redo the entire sharing setup.

And Shared networking still doesn't work at all.

I don't even want to think what will happen if I dare to turn on VPN to get to my office network and attempt to access that over VPN.