Error Converting VirtualBox to Parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Miles_Teg, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Miles_Teg

Miles_Teg Member

I am trying to convert a VirtualBox VM, but Parallels returns the error PRL_ERR_CANT_CONVERT_OTHER_VENDOR_VM when attempting to run the conversion. I read in another thread that this might be due to the hard disk image having an .hdd extension instead of a .vdi. Is this true and is there a workaround?

Thank you

2. Hi, please try the following:
    1. Start PDfM
    2. Run command from terminal
    prl_convert "/Users/gcadministrator/VirtualBox VMs/2016_Webmail Test/2016_Webmail Test.vbox" --dst=/Users/gcadministrator/Parallels --err-code --reg=y --no-hibernate-check --force
    And let us know how does it work.

3. Miles_Teg

Miles_Teg Member

This is what I get when I run the command:
    Code:
    ErrorCode: 0x80045003

4. Hi, could you please collect 2 tech reports.
    1st one: reproduce the issue with converting and right after that collect the tech report.
    2nd: Try the steps above (with terminal command) and then try to convert your VM and right after that collect the tech report
    Please post both reports' IDs here.

5. Miles_Teg

Miles_Teg Member

1. The problem report was successfully sent with id: 335228543
    2. The problem report was successfully sent with id: 335228597

6. You're using Parallels Desktop 14, right?
    Parallels Desktop 14 is not fully compatible with macOS Catalina.
    Could you please test the same issue with trial Parallels Desktop 15 and let us know how does it work.

7. Miles_Teg

Miles_Teg Member

I tried version 15 and received the same error. The report IDs are 335276810 (errorCode: 0x80045003) and 335276971

8. FlavioD2

FlavioD2 Bit poster

I have the exact same problem. Here goes what I get from terminal:

Code:
    $ prl_convert "/Volumes/Externo 1TB/VirtualBox VMs/Windows 7/Windows 7.vbox" --dst="/Volumes/Externo 1TB/Parallels" --err-code --reg=y --no-hibernate-check --force

objc[15697]: Class MethodInfo is implemented in both /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/libPrlXmlModel.1.dylib (0x1013de918) and /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_convert (0x1005c93e0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[15697]: Class DeallocHook is implemented in both /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/libPrlXmlModel.1.dylib (0x1013de940) and /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_convert (0x1005c9408). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Conversion progress: 0 %

ErrorCode: 0x80045003
    Seems like prl_convert is crashing because there are classes with the same name both in a library and in its binary.

9. FahrschuleB

FahrschuleB Bit poster

i have the same problem. What can i do. is there any way to fix it?
    VB is 4.61 parallels newest version. Windows 10. The mail from support is not helpful.