Question about 3ds max with parallers

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JohnnyfiveN, Mar 16, 2020.

1. JohnnyfiveN

JohnnyfiveN Member

Hi, i have an imac 5k ,with mac os 10.12.5 and i work 3ds max 2013 with parallers 12.2.0.and it works relatively well.
    The only problem is:I don't take full advantage of the graphics card, and i don't have anti aliasing function.
    (Αlso the 3ds max 2017-2020 the option anti-aliasing is "not active")
    I thing this it happens because the parallers 12 not support DirectX11(i'm not sure)

Parallers 15 said ,support DirectX11..This means that you will now take full advantage of the graphics card ,and beautiful anti-aliasing graphics on my vieport?(Sush as my native windows on my PC).

There anyone out there ,who has experience,about this "detail",to answer me?

Also the windows speed and generally the smoothness level, is the same,better or worse versus parallers 12.(because i read in an post ,about little be laggy,freezes e.t.c.)

Thanks.

2. Hi, could you test the same with the latest Parallels Desktop version (15.1.3.)
    You can perform all necessary tests during the trial period (14 days)
    Please share with us any results.

3. JohnnyfiveN

JohnnyfiveN Member

Thanks for your answer.I test it yesterday,and the result was disappointing.
    Μore specifically, 3dsmax 2020 with the recommended -and best driver-(Direct3d Nitrous)the option is again not active,and the anti aliasing is yet a dream!
    I try all the drivers ,and "its works" the option (if remember well),on Direct3d legacy ,ΒUT with this driver the graphics its extreme slow(2frame/sec).
    Finally i back to 12 version,because i thing for my mac os version 10.12.6) this version ,run more smoothly.
    (In 15 trial version I noticed often,little bit freezes)

4. Thank a lot for sharing your results with us.
    If you decide to continue the issue investigation, please collect the tech report and post the report's ID here.