Mac died - Unable to transfer licence to new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ParallelsU75, May 12, 2019.

1. ParallelsU75

ParallelsU75 Bit poster

Hi. My old MacBook Pro died on me unexpectedly and I had to get a new one. Since it happened spontaneously, I wasn't able to sign out the Parallels account as it is advised in the support documents. When I try to activate Parallels on the new machine now, it first shows the "License is already in use" prompt (as expected), but when I click on "Activate on this Mac" it gives me the error message as shown on the screenshot.
    Please help!

Attached Files:

2. ParallelsU75

ParallelsU75 Bit poster

P.S. I don't have another account.

3. Hi, could you please provide us with your license key and email which you used for the registration?
    I'll send you a private message, please reply on it with the requested info.

4. Hi Maria,

I have exactly the same problem. I have a full copy of Desktop 14 for Mac Pro on my old iMac which failed before I could disable the account. I used migration assistant to move to my new iMac from a time machine back up. Parallels 14 now only working as a 14 day trial and will not accept my registration key. I get the exact same message as ParallelsU75 above (hence the thread highjack rather than starting this as a completely new duplicate thread).

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

5. Hi, I've made nesseccary changes with your key. Please try to activate it again.
    If it doesn't work, please provide us with your license key via private message.

6. NicoleR1

NicoleR1 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have problems to deactivate the licence for parallels for desktop 10 on my old mac. Thats why I canĀ“t activate the installation on my new mac. Can you help me please?
    Thanks.

7. daniel27

daniel27 Bit poster

Hi, I am also having a similar problem, my old Mac had to be wiped, so I am trying to activate Parallels on another Mac and it is saying I've used the maximum number of devices for my license. What can I do?

8. SaravananR@Parallels

SaravananR@Parallels Member

Hi daniel27, we have sent you a private message. Please reply back to check and help you better. Thanks, Saravanan.

9. V__4

V__4 Junior Member

I am looking for assistance with the same issue. Can someone please help?

10. SaravananR@Parallels

Hi V__4, we have sent you a private message. Please reply back to check and help you better. Thanks, Saravanan.

11. V__4

V__4 Junior Member

Got it, it is working now, thank you!

12. SaravananR@Parallels

You are welcome. Please reach us back anytime if you want any help in the future. Thanks, Saravanan.

13. HeatherM3

HeatherM3 Bit poster

Hi - I am having the same problem.

14. PatrickH19

PatrickH19 Bit poster

same problem. Old MacBook PRO 2011 died. I remove the internal disk and put in an external enclosure to boot from this disk from another 2nd hand Mac I bought. Everything works perfectly but Parallel:I'm unable to transfer the license and use Parallel on this new Mac. Please give instructions on how to remove the license from the previous Mac.

15. Could you please share with us your license key or email address? Because we've checked this one heather.m******ne@n***bio.com and haven't find any key

16. Hi, we've reset your key, please try to activate it and let us know how does it work.

17. PatrickH19

PatrickH19 Bit poster

License activated on new Macbook. Problem solved. Thank you.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  18. dmzack

dmzack Bit poster

Can I get in on this action? Just got a new Mac Pro 16, and after migrating from my old machine I'm getting the "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies" message. Can someone reset my key so I can activate on my new machine? (I've signed out and uninstalled from the old one, per the KB)

19. Hello, we have changed your license settings, please check the issue.

20. dmzack

dmzack Bit poster

Nope, same error. "This license has reached its activation limit and can no longer be used to activate new product copies."