ability to access host apps (mac apps) when doing RDP to hosted VMs (windows)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by ThairB, Mar 23, 2020.

1. ThairB

ThairB Bit poster

i wish if it is possible to access macos applications when remotely accessing windows VMs.
    this will be helpful to remotely control the host OS ( macos ) cz mac does not have an RDP server by itself.
    so, i would be great to RDP any of the hosted windows VMs and back-access the mac apps.

Thank you!

2. alev

alev Parallels Team

Thank you for the suggestion, ThairB!

I have to say that it is quite hard to implement and for many users, it would be a security breach.
    There are many other ways to remote to macOS host apps, like using Parallels Access, macOS VNC server, or millions of 3rd party products. I recommend going this way.

3. ThairB

ThairB Bit poster

Hi Alev
    I do understand your point and I know that there are already hundreds of remote access apps, however, in companies usually RDP is the only option allowed.
    Take an example for Citrix VDA ; I can access my windows VM (at office / macOS ) remotely, but I can't access any of the MacOS applications ! And it woods be wonderful if I can.
    In regards to security aspects, the controls and policies are always enforced from the host OS ( macOS ).
    I have tried to test myself ( I thought the feature is already implemented )
    I could see the macOS apps listed in windows ( remotely accessed by Citrix ) with the "(mac)" beside there names , and when I click on any .. it opened that Mac app on the host , but the app interface won't show on the guest OS ( windows)
    Thank you !