Graphics Issues with Mac OS X Snow Leopard SERVER 10.6.3, SERVER 10.6.8 in Parallels Virtual machine

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by RyanC5, Sep 11, 2015.

1. RyanC5

RyanC5 Bit poster

Hi Parallels,
    I am having graphics issues with Mac OS X Snow Leopard SERVER 10.6.3 and 10.6.8. I have tried both 10.6.3 SERVER and 10.6.8 SERVER in separate Parallels Virtual machines. I have a Retina 5K iMac running OS X 10.10.4 and Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac (version 10.2.2 build 29105). I need Snow Leopard Server on my Retina iMac because I need Rosetta, the PowerPC emulator for old Mac software. I am having problems with several included applications in Mac OS X Snow Leopard SERVER. For example, Apple Front Row is not usable at all. I know it is running because I can blindly scroll through the menus and hear the scrolling sounds but the virtual display of my Parallels virtual machine is black. Also, in Google Chrome, I am having problems with the application only displaying things on my screen halfway: It displays only half of the webpage. I know that my network/internet connection is not the problem as I just downloaded the latest version of Google Chrome. I can blindly click on parts of the webpage and am taken to those links (I can see it in the address bar of Google Chrome). I have attached some screenshots. For example, Amazon.com in Google Chrome does not display the complete webpage, although I know it has loaded (I can click on places where links should be and it takes me to that link in the address bar). In Screenshot 2, Google Chrome only displays part of the Amazon site (I had searched for Parallels Desktop on Amazon and the display driver was not displaying elements of the website). I think this is a problem with the Parallels graphics card driver for the Mac OS X Server Guest OS.
    In sum, my Parallels problem is that the Parallels graphics card driver for the Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server Guest OS is not displaying some applications correctly as shown in the attached screenshots. I have also tried this on Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac on my older computer and it has the same exact problem! The screenshots I attached are from Parallels Desktop 8, if that makes any difference, but I am having the exact same graphics card driver problem on both versions of Parallels Desktop (Parallels 10 and Parallels 8) on two separate Mac computers. I have tried updating Snow Leopard Server to 10.6.8 but this does nothing. I have reinstalled Parallels Tools, and even started with a fresh Parallels Virtual machine. Is there anything else that I am missing?

Attached Files:

2. VladislavK1

VladislavK1 Bit poster

Sama issue here. I really need a solution for this

3. mindbs

mindbs Bit poster

Have you found any fix? This happens to me too. Posted on a thread about Preview not displaying images. Does Preview work for you? I think it is related and probably not easy to solve. I swear every update is a downgrade.

4. JesusR2

JesusR2 Bit poster

The same is happening to me with Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Any news about the graphic issues with Snow Leopard Server virtual machine in Parallels?