Linux (Suse 10.1) - still no network

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Jan Wittrodt, May 18, 2006.

1. Jan Wittrodt

Jan Wittrodt Member

OK. It's a RC release. The Interface is much better. It's seems faster to - at least for me.

But:
    I still can't access my wifi adapter via the VM when running in Linux. [Parallels Team] Do you have any plans to fix this problem untill the final release will drop out?

2. dirk@hohndel.org

dirk@hohndel.org Member

Hmm - with RC and bridged to a wired network I don't see a problem - my box now has 3 IP addresses, one each for OS-X, Win XP, OpenSuSE 10.1

/D

3. mdaw

mdaw Bit poster

I'm having the same problem in RHEL 4. Seems to behave exactly the same as B6 when you try to bridge over wifi.

4. dirk@hohndel.org

dirk@hohndel.org Member

Bridge over Wifi is a known issue that hasn't been addressed at all with RC - there are design issues here (the way 802.11 deals with DHCP requests and MAC addresses), and unless Parallels implements a DHCP forwarder, it won't get addressed.

Unfortunately there is no host-only networking with Linux, so the only workaround I have found is to get a permanent IP address on the network and not use DHCP at all.

/D