Windows 10 and older MacOS VMs in Parallels 15 together?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by robbie1, Apr 21, 2020.

1. robbie1

robbie1 Member

the iso has been found at the described location, but the application won't start, there's a warning sign top right beside the gear, and nothing happens.

Attached Files:

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Have you tried to restart the vm?

3. robbie1

robbie1 Member

yes. Unfortunately, to no avail, even with disconnecting and reconnecting the image.

4. kat

kat Product Expert

Make sure image is connected. and try information from post 15. it may say install parallels tools not reinstall parallels tools.

5. robbie1

robbie1 Member

i've done everything you've suggested, even restarted the computer physically. The thing is that the Win 10 works smoothly, on Mojave VM i can't even set another display mode, let alone the installation or reinstallation of the Parallels Tools. Moreover, from time to time the Win VM applications mess up when Mojave VM is also active - MS Word could be repaired only after the reinstallation of Parallels Tools for Windows - yes, there is 'reinstall'. On Mojave VM is always 'install' and a warning sign, no action...

6. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Robbie ,
    I have one more thing for you to try, when you navigate to the Parallels tools iso and select it and you go back to the desk top do you see a hard drive listing Parallels tools? If you do double click the HD icon then proceed to install Parallels tools by clicking on install. If This doesn't work I will be asking if there is a command line you can use in terminal.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 5.09.20 PM.png