The Mac or VM configuration has been changed since VM was suspended

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JohnA7, Apr 24, 2020.

1. JohnA7

JohnA7 Junior Member

I keep getting the above message on a couple of my VM's when starting them. If I hit cancel and try again it usually works without issue. Sometimes it takes couple of tries. Anyone else seeing this or have any idea what could be causing it? If I hit "reset" (which I do by accident occasionally) it just restarts the VM, which is definitely not what I want to happen if I can avoid it.

Both of the VM's I've seen this on are Windows 10. I also see "checking disks after improper shutdown" occasionally, which feels like it may be related, and I never notice things getting shutdown improperly. This last message I've seen on two different Macs (one with Parallels home and one with Pro).

2. Hello, could you please share with us a screenshot of the error message?

3. JohnA7

JohnA7 Junior Member

Thank you for responding Maria, as it happens I haven't seen the message in several days, and I'm trying to figure out if it's been since the last update or not. I had it happening across two computers and several VM's, but after suspending and resuming multiple VM's a bunch of times I haven't seen it again. It's possible the latest Parallels update fixed it. I will for sure post a screenshot and any other diagnostics I can get if it happens again.

4. Mr. C.

Mr. C. Member

I see this about 1/2 the time I start a paused VM. I just press Cancel, and retry the Resume. Sometimes this I have to do this 2 or 3 times before Parallels just starts normally.

upload_2020-5-1_10-25-45.png

MichaelS112 and JohnA7 like this.
  5. JohnA7

JohnA7 Junior Member

That's exactly the message I get, it just happened to me for the first time since I posted the questions, which has got to be the longest stretch I've had in quite a while.

Attached Files: