USB 2.0 support?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Drewmangroup, May 18, 2006.

1. Drewmangroup

Drewmangroup Member

I downloaded RC and it seems that there isn't USB 2.0 support. Is this ever planned to be added? I think thats what is causing my printer not to print. I also wanted to chime in on the missing right click through ctrl+click. What is the alternative for a right click.

2. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

Given that I'm still having USB problems in using PDAs and phones I'd love to know what the future plans for USB in Parallels are.

My main wish is for Windows Mobile 5 support but I'd also like USB 2.0 support. Are either of these planned?

3. daveef

daveef Member

Also need usd support:)

I was hoping to see some improvement in the next release after beta 6. As far as USB support i dont see any difference in this RC.

My USB creative web cam is not recognised, the USB printer that i share over network is not recognised, and the Delorme earthmate GPS is not recognised. I have prepurchased this program and hope these are features that it will support. If that is not in the plan then i would have ot resort to using bootcamp , which i hate because i have to reboot every time to use the other os.

I also wish the built in isight in my MacBook Pro would work under the windows. but that doesnt work in bootcamp either so not really something you could take care of.

I guess i would like to hear from parallels as to whether the USB is going to work , cause if it is not in the works i will quit wasting my time waiting and count the purchase as a donation.

Not complaining just want to know???