The license has been deactivated

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Windows' started by NathanJ3, Dec 5, 2019.

1. NathanJ3

NathanJ3 Bit poster

I recently set up a license for Parallels Toolbox for Windows that came as part of a PaintShop Pro 2020 Ultimate bundle.
    This has worked for about a week, and I've suddenly received the following message:
    upload_2019-12-6_14-59-25.png
    "The license has been deactivated. This license has been used to activate Parallels Toolbox on another computer. A new license is required to resume Parallels Toolbox on this computer."

This is a surprise, as I have only use the license key on this computer, and there does not appear to be any mechanism from the toolbox or my Parallels account for me to revoke or reset my key... so I'm not sure how someone else managed to do it.

How do I go about re-enabling this license for use?

2. NathanJ3

NathanJ3 Bit poster

Problem solved - this issue had gone away when I opened the toolbox this morning.

I hope that this was a one-off issue that was manually resolved (if anyone helped with this - thanks), and not an intermittent error message, because it made me feel like I'd done something wrong or that my license had been hijacked.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. NathanJ3

NathanJ3 Bit poster

I ran into another licensing issue this morning after starting up my computer, like it had forgotten my key entirely:
    upload_2019-12-12_10-25-35.png

Thankfully, I was able to use the "I have a key" option with my existing key.

I'm only just starting to use this software, and in the first week I've spent more time wrestling with licensing than using the toolbox features. This seems like a great utility, but I'm really nervous about making it part of my daily workflow if it might suddenly become unavailable.

4. BryonC

BryonC Bit poster

I have this same issue and have had to put the key in multiple times and it continues to throw the error after a new login the next day. In addition it continues to lose my key as well. I also bought Paintshop Pro 2020 Ultimate and have had nothing but problems with this software. I have had this software since 3/28 and have not used it much because I have to go through so much trouble just to use it. I am considering returning Paintshop Pro due to this and other issues.

5. Hi, we've checked your key and everything is OK with it. Please let us know if the issue reoccurs

6. Hi, we've made some changes with your key, please try to activate and let us know if the issue reoccurs.

7. CalvinK1

CalvinK1 Bit poster

I am having the very same issue as Bryonc and Nathanj3. I have to reenter the key everytime the computer reboots.
    Also got the Parallels Toolbox with Paintshop Pro Ultimate bundle. Also I purchased a subscription and am still having the same difficulty.

8. EricP13

EricP13 Bit poster

Hi
    I'm have the same issues as the people above with my Parallels Toolbox app. I bought the app separately not part of a bundle. I have to keep re-adding the key its works for a couple a days then bang ...time to reenter the key?

Regards,

9. Hello, what version of Toolbox are you using?

10. EricP13

EricP13 Bit poster

Hi Maria,
    The version is Version 3.9.0-2242
    /ERP

11. I've found your Parallels Toolbox subscription, looks like it's OK.
    Could you please restart Parallels Toolbox and check the issue.

12. EricP13

EricP13 Bit poster

Hi Maria it just did it again i had to re-add the license again

13. Do you still have an issue?

14. EricP13

EricP13 Bit poster

I need to re-add license again :) what is causing it to deactivate????

15. EricP13

EricP13 Bit poster

booted my laptop and again your license has been deactivated ....Come on! fix this!

16. EricP13

EricP13 Bit poster

Happened again??? have to re-add the license again can someone email me???

17. Hello, please sorry for the delay in response, does the issue still actual?

18. BarryL4

BarryL4 Bit poster

I have had the same issue over and over again. Is their a fix for this?

19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We request you to describe the exact issue you are facing.

20. BarryL4

BarryL4 Bit poster

i have a subscription for Parallels for Windows and every few days I get this message and have to re enter the License Key. parallels.JPG