License reached its activation limit. Can not transfer to my new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnG24, May 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JohnG24

JohnG24 Bit poster

Parallels Desktop on the new Mac keeps saying that I've reached my activation limit , even though I signed out of Parallels Desktop and uninstalled it from the old Mac. Currently I have no licenses in use, but Parallels Activation behaves as if I do.

• Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac
    • macSO 10.15.4
    • Signed out on old Mac
    • Uninstalled Parallels Desktop 14 from old Mac.

It's been about an hour since I logged out on the old Mac. Is there a waiting period between deactivation and activation?

Attached Files:

2. JohnG24

JohnG24 Bit poster

That fixed it. Thank you for the quick response!

Do you know if there was something that I could have done to prevent the need for the key reset? My case is weird as I have been trying out different Apple computers in the last year, so I changed where Parallels was registered several times during that period. That may have complicated things.

3. You can use this KB article for the deactivation.
    Please let me know if it's not that case.

4. aa_5

aa_5 Bit poster

Hello i am in the same situation. After numerous uninstalls, no luck. I had disk issue and now i cannot activate on the same mac. Its running 10.15.15 trying to install Parallels 14. My partial key is XXXX-JRV2S7. Face messanger is dead - no reply. Plesae help.

5. Hi, just make some changes with your key, please check the issue.

6. aa_5

aa_5 Bit poster

Thanks - that did it. appreciated.

Maria@Parallels likes this.