Excel 2010 short cut keys

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rponeil, Jul 26, 2012.

1. rponeil

rponeil Bit poster

Hello,
    I just purchased parallels specifically to use in my quantitative analysis (and other math courses) in college. I have Office 2010 and when I try to use some of the short cut keys, it doesn't work. I am confused on if I should be using windows keys or mac keys and/or if some just don't work.
    Specifically I am looking for the short cut key to quickly select all of the data in a column. In windows the short cut is ctrl+shift+down, for mac it is cmd+shift+down. Neither of these work. Ctrl+Shift+down does this funky phase the screen to the back thing and cmdshiftdown just selects one cell down. I figured that holding fn+right enables 'end' and then shift+down selects them, but this isn't necessarily 'short'. Am i missing something or is there a way i can set a key combo to do this? I tried messing with the hot keys, but couldn't get down as a function on the 'to' section.

Hope this makes sense, the whole reason i got this program was because excel is better to use in windows, but if i can't can't use the hot key functions i wonder if it is worth it.

Thanks in advance.

2. DavidM76

DavidM76 Bit poster

I took math courses in college and use parallels too, but to be honest I never use short cut keys, so I never paid attention to it.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2020