How do I use apple metal to run Lumion 10

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Cody6, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Cody6

Cody6 Bit poster

I purchased Parallels to use Lumion 10 on my 16" macbook pro, I read on the website it allowed this through the use of Apple metal. What do I need to do?

Thank you!

2. ThomasH55

ThomasH55 Bit poster

Hey Cody6

This is the only/most recent post I could see about running Lumion. Have you had any luck with the above? I have just started running it on my MBP and am struggling with the graphics memory ie. there is none!!

Any tips?!

Cody6 likes this.
  3. Cody6

Cody6 Bit poster

You need to go to the control center for parallels and click on the "gear" icon in the pop-up window, this will take you to a window that you can find the graphics settings and cpu and memory settings. Here you can adjust the graphic memory to allocate up to 2gb of memory. That is that max parallels will allow you to use from your pro, I have 8gb on mine and can only use the max of 2gb which works in smaller scenes in lumion. I have boot camped a small portion of my computer to allow more intense lumion sessions where it can utilize the full capability of my MBP. you will want to adjust the memory as well and use the slider to go to the max suggested, but do not go over.

4. ThomasH55

ThomasH55 Bit poster

Amazing - thanks for the reply, very helpful. I'll see how it goes

5. Cody6

Cody6 Bit poster

And to be clear the original post I made about apple metal is not exactly relevant, it is already functioning on the MBP and not something that needs to be activated or whatever.

ThomasH55 likes this.