Tool Box

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by mickeyj1, May 24, 2020.

1. mickeyj1

mickeyj1 Bit poster

hey,

I just purchased Parallels 15 and installed it in my MacBook machine running recent macOS version Catalina and it's working fine. I'm trying to discover all the features but when I'm clicking on the toolbox app icon it is not opening and no action happening

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2020
  2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    we're working on this issue. As workaround you can launch Parallels Toolbox from Launchpad or Spotlight - it fixes a problem (until next restart of mac OS).

3. RobertP33

RobertP33 Bit poster

It's good to know you are fixing it. Thanks for the info.

4. LorraineH1

LorraineH1 Bit poster

I tried the workaround and it is not working for me.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Try restarting the Mac and check.

6. MatthewS23

MatthewS23 Bit poster

hey, i am having an issue where parallels toolbox wont even load...i double click and nothing happens...from finder or launchpad, i have tried rebooting and still the issue persists (it should load on login but nothing...)

any ideas?

I'm on a 2020 macbook air with catalina 10.15.5

7. sergk

Hello,
    so you have Parallels Toolbox icon in menu bar but when you click on it nothing happens? And if you launch after that Parallels Toolbox from Launchpad it doesn't help?
    If yes, then try this:
    1) Open Activity Monitor application, find Parallels Toolbox applicate
    2) Quit Parallels Toolbox. Make sure that Parallels Toolbox application doesn't exist after it. Try 'Force Quit' otherwise.
    3) Launch Parallels Toolbox again from Launchpad. Does it work?

If it doesn't work please collect all files from these folder, compress them and send to me:
    ~/Library/Logs/prl.toolbox

Attached Files:

8. MatthewS23

MatthewS23 Bit poster

No, it wont load AT ALL. its not in the toolbar. Even after a reboot.

One of your colleagues got back to me and said it was a known bug thats being investigated.

9. sergk

> One of your colleagues got back to me and said it was a known bug thats being investigated.
    As I know, the known bug is when icon exists in menu bar but nothing happens after click on it. But in your situation the issue looks different. So please compress this folder ~/Library/Logs/prl.toolbox and send archive to me. These are logs from Parallels Toolbox that can help to understand the issue.