Rollback mode issues

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AdamL8, Feb 22, 2020.

1. AdamL8

AdamL8 Bit poster

Hi there! So, I just was forced to upgrade to Parallels 15 from a much earlier version, since I got a new machine which runs 10.15 and doesn't support the old version.

Unfortunately, the machines I use for testing are in rollback mode. This seems to still work, which is nice, but since I occasionally have to update the software on them, which you can't do when they're in rollback mode, I am having some issues. Because there no longer seems to be any way to put something into rollback mode or take something out of rollback mode. Indeed, there doesn't seem to be any mention of rollback mode anywhere in the instructions, either.

What happened to it? Is it called something else now? How do I configure it?

2. Hi AdamL8. You can follow the steps from this article to configure the Rollback mode in latest Parallels Desktop versions.

3. AdamL8

AdamL8 Bit poster

Uh... thanks. But since that is for Parallels Pro, and I have never owned Parallels Pro and don't intend to, that article does not apply to me.

4. AdamL8

AdamL8 Bit poster

Parallels home edition USED TO include rollback mode. You seem to have removed it when I "upgraded".

5. NaotoM

NaotoM Bit poster

@Maria@Parallels @Sathiya@Parallels
    I have the same issue. I enabled the rollback mode during the evaluation and purchased the Desktop license. My machine is still rollback mode and I can't change it because the setting menu doesn't have the option.
    How do I change the mode? If rollback mode is available only Pro, why does rollback mode work in Desktop?

6. Hi, you uses the trial version, and now you haven't the roll back mode settings at the VM configuration -> Security, right?

7. NaotoM

NaotoM Bit poster

Thanks for the prompt reply. I didn't change the option. I liked this feature and some enhancements but didn't notice it's not available in the Desktop version when I bought the license.
    I'm not asking the Desktop version should have the feature. I need to disable the feature that isn't available in the Desktop version.

8. Completely shut down your VM -> Right click on it and choose "open in Finder"-> right lick on it and choose "Show package contents" -> find config.pvs -> open it with text edit-> find <UndoDisks>1</UndoDisks> line and change 1 to 0 -> save and start your VM as usual

9. NaotoM

NaotoM Bit poster

Thanks. Before shutting down the VM, I hit "Restore Defaults". It seemed nothing changed but it might clear the option. I don't see the entry in the config.pvs.
    I'm able to take new snapshot and it no longer tells "rollback mode blah, blah".
    Thanks for help!

Maria@Parallels likes this.